Who are we?
Neon Communication Solutions Ltd T/A Cadoo, was founded in 2003 when our internet SMS gateway solution was developed. Our products are based on open source technologies which allow us to offer a range of SMS messaging services and provide our clients with industry leading mobile communication interfaces and infrastructure.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.”
The personal data we would like to collect from you is:
|Personal Data Type:||Source:|
|Name:||Website Sign Up Form|
|Business Name:||Website Sign Up Form|
|Contact Email Address:||Website Sign Up Form|
|Contact Phone number:||Website Sign Up Form|
|Company Address:||Website Sign Up Form|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- To provide our service
- To provide you with information you may find interesting including promotional emails about new products or special offers using the contact details which you have provided
We will also use your information to manage our contractual relationship with you for:
- Internal record keeping and account management purposes
- Contacting you by email, phone or mail for the purpose of account administration and/or processing and fulfilling orders.
If you contact us or we contact you, we may ask for certain information from you to confirm your identity, check our records and deal with your account efficiently and correctly.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Cadoo in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfill the service being offered to you. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with the Cadoo procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Location of Data:
Cadoo stores and processes all data supplied to us within the EU.
How your personal data will be used
Cadoo will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU.s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Cadoo is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
The time period for which we keep information varies according to what we use the information for. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep information, we will keep your information for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was collected.
Cadoo will process personal data from Account Set Ups for the duration of the service contract and will store the personal data until deletion of the Cadoo account or 1 year after account inactivity.
The security of the Data we collect and process is of the upmost importance to us. We are committed to keeping your data secure and our technical experts implement strong security measure to ensure data is protected.
If a third party processing your data on our behalf is located in a non-EU country that does not have data protection laws equivalent to those in the EU, we will always take appropriate additional steps to ensure that your personal information is kept safe and secure by those processing your data on our behalf. This will generally involve ensuring that such third party agrees to sign up to a formal legal agreement committing such party to comply with standards equivalent to those that would apply where that party to be located within the EU.
We aim to protect all data collected, stored & processed via Cadoo and will seek verification of data ownership prior to discussing account details.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Cadoo at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed.
If Cadoo does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Cadoo or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
If you would like to request a copy of information held by us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access . you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification . you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten . in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing . where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability . you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object . you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling . you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Cadoo refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
Our cookies may be session cookies (temporary cookies that identify and track users within our websites, applications or services which are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session in the application or service) or persistent cookies (cookies which enable our websites, applications or services to .remember. who you are and to remember your preferences within our websites, applications or services and which will stay on your computer or device after you close your browser or leave your session in the application or service).You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The Neon Communication Solutions Limited website may contain links to other sites. Please take note that Neon Communication Solutions Limited is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this site.
This policy replaces all previous versions and is correct as of May 25th 2018. We reserve the right to change the policy at any time.