The Healthcare Industry plays an important role in society, immediate communication is essential between the provider and the patient, what better way to communicate with your patients than through Mobile Messaging. This is a personal and effective tool that allows you to build long term relationships with your patients while at the same time keeping patients satisfaction levels high. Mobile Messaging can benefit any business especially Healthcare providers like Doctors, Hospitals, Dentists,etc. It is often difficult and time consuming trying to communicate with every patient regarding appointments, clinic opening hours, news alerts, billing etc. Mobile Messaging will help save your staff time and your clinic money getting the message directly into the hands of your patients in real time. Mobile Messaging has a proven benefit of cutting down on no-shows.
SMS Can be used in many different ways :
- Appointment Reminders
- Opening and Closing Hours
- Special Offers / Promotions
- Weekly Health Tips
- Test results
It is important to remain data compliant and build an SMS Database before using SMS Messaging as a form of communication with your patients. SMS Marketing requires the permission from the patient to be contacted via SMS. Here are a few ways that will help your clinic build a strong database of clients.
- By personally asking the patient face to face during an appointment or at the reception desk to sign up for SMS messaging alerts
- Offer a Sign up for SMS Alerts on all forms and on the clinics webpage
- Create a keyword with a call-to-action inviting patients to Opt In to your SMS Marketing Alerts
- Send a letter out to all of your patients explaining that you would now like to contact them via SMS and ask them to return this to the clinic with their consent
- Promote the new SMS Alert System around the clinic by putting up posters that are in sight and easy to see
- The Waiting Area in every clinic is a perfect way to get peoples attention, simply have signs and leaflets lying around for all patients to take notice
SMS Messaging is an ideal way to communicate with patients in real time, it will help save time and cut back on costs for the clinic, your staff will not be on the phone confirming appointments or having to send letters to all patients. SMS Messaging will also help generate word of mouth and create awareness within the community. The main advantage of using SMS Messaging is that you can guarantee that the message will reach your patients no matter where they are. This method will save you money as well as time, by cutting down on admin & post.